Tuesday 29 May 2012

OMG May already!


Rhodies are out.  Trees are full.  Everything is green.  This week is warm.  Days are long and I'm wanting to go to a garden. 
Ward is a homebody and I have to pry him out.  He will come along mostly willingly but he would NEVER initiate a trip anywhere to anyplace.
That's how we know that this "call" to Ireland was not his own idea but inspired by divine means.
We are basking in the optimism of a new era

here and we are hopeful that the tipping point of
people will get behind a revival of soul, heart, and mind.
I did get to two gardens this week.  We went to Greenmount walled garden which is on the grounds of the Agricultural College.  I also went to Rowallane where we went with the Eastons to view the handkerchief tree.  In bloom here to the right. The tree is from 1904 and was brought from China.  Amazing!
You all must look at the write up of the first vertical garden in Northern Ireland.  Hint it is on the Skainos Building.  I am finally excited about what I'm seeing building and environment wise in Belfast.  Come and visit.

No comments: